Thimbles, Hooks & Guards
Want to splice on your own? Need some parts & pieces for your splicing? We might have what you need - from bulk winch line, soft shackle material, bridle line& kinetic rope by the foot to thimbles, hooks & abrasion guards.
And here is a little more info on the items available here...
- All tubular & Cordura abrasion guards are MADE IN THE USA.
- Tube thimbles are made in Denmark.
- Hooks are made in France.
- All abrasion guards are meant to take wear & tear off of your main line & therefore will show wear & tear themselves. Therefore, inspect regularly & replace as necessary.
- All tubular guards are removable & can be reinstalled easily. Winch line 1" tubular guards take a lil more to install. Attach your winch line to a splicing fid, ball point pen, whittled stick, etc & then feed the line through the abrasion guard or drum wrap.
- Hooks will probably arrive with paint chips as they arrive to us that way.
- Excel hooks are made from alloy steel, grade 8, quenched & tempered.
- Excel 5/16-3/8" hook CSO 10-8, WLL 3.2t / 6,400 lbs, Safety Factor 4:1, ABS (average break strength) 25,600 lbs.
- Excel 7/16-1/2" hook CSO 13-8, WLL 5.4t / 10,8000 lbs, Safety Factor 4:1, ABS (average break strength) 43,200 lbs.