Winch Line Extensions
C4RS synthetic winch line extensions are Made in the USA, spliced in-house @ C4RS, & are both Berry & TAA compliant. Each extension is spliced from Samson®'s AmSteel Blue® Dyneema® SK-78 fiber. Each extension comes with two large soft eyes are large for ease of use & ability to connect to a multitude of attachments (unlike tube thimbles), reinforced with mil-spec webbing for abrasion & cut resistance, & dual locked brummel splices are finished with a deep bury & whipped with Samson®'s Lash It® for secure attachment. A tubular mid-body abrasion guard is included on each extension along with safety tag including a serial number for lot traceability, item specifics & load ratings.
These extensions are well suited for static recovery & rigging. Available in numerous diameters / strengths and lengths. Contact us if you want a custom length that is not listed. C4RS extensions stretch only 3% @ break, providing for a static and controlled recovery.
Contact us for substitution of tube thimbles, or a Factor 55 Splicer or Flat Splicer, for other custom splicing, or to discuss appropriate sizing of gear as more factors calculate into sizing your gear than just your winch size. When in doubt a good starting point to size a winch line extension is the same diameter / strength of your winch line (if it is appropriately sized) then 30-50' for areas with plentiful anchor points (trees) to 50-100' and more for areas without plentiful anchor points (above tree line, desert, etc).
3/16" = 5,400 lbs Average Break Strength (ABS) straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 2,000-3,500 lbs.
1/4" = 8,600 lbs ABS straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 4,000-5,000 lbs.
5/16" = 13,700 lbs ABS straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 6,000-8,000 lbs.
3/8" = 19,800 lbs ABS straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 8,000-12,000 lbs.
7/16" = 23,900 lbs ABS straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 12,000-16,000 lbs.
1/2" = 34,000 lbs ABS straight-line pull.
Ideal for winches 16,000-20,000 lbs.
- Made in the USA.
- Berry & TAA compliant.
- Available in 6 diameters / strengths from 5,400 lbs to 34,000 lbs strong ABS (average break strength).
- Stronger, quieter, lighter, safer, more adaptable, buoyant (floats), quieter, quicker & easier to use than steel cable.
- Weighs 1/7th the weight of steel cable and IT FLOATS!
- Appx 20-30% stronger than steel cable.
- Does not kink like steel cable.
- Incredibly strong for its weight.
- Safer by design because the line recoils much less than steel cable & when it does break it has 85% less mass = much safer.
- Can be field repaired.
- Extremely low stretch @ 3% for safer, more controlled static winching.
- Easy to inspect.
- Samthane coated for extra abrasion & UV resistance.
- Orange or charcoal color.
- Mid-body tubular abrasion guard. Length differs based on diameter.
- All come tagged with serial numbers, item specifics & load ratings.
- Custom splicing available.
- Use literature included does not substitute for professional instruction.
- C4RS disclaims any & all liability & responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to person or property that may occur when using any product sold by C4RS. Vehicle recovery involves extreme loads & can result in injury & death. Seek professional instruction in the proper use of all gear. Not for lifting or life saving operations.
- Lifetime limited warranty covers workmanship & materials - does not cover typical wear & tear,abuse, misuse or breakage due to overloading.
- For off road use only.